I … really don’t know what to say about this month. Everything was going pretty well, business as usual, until it wasn’t.
Adjusting to online learning and building new routines has been an ongoing struggle for me, one I still haven’t quite figured out. I constantly feel like I’m playing catch-up, like there’s a million things I should’ve finished by now, but at the same time I’ve also been trying to make time for self-care so that my mental health doesn’t plummet.
So yeah, I’ve been busy but also not really. If that makes sense.
This Month’s Goals
Reading & Blogging
- Read 10 books (or half of total read count) for #StartOnYourShelfathon. ✓
- Read 3 books for #YARC2020. ✓
- Get through review backlog for Dec 2019, Jan 2020, and all read ARCs. 🗙
- Find a thesis adviser and actually ask them to be my thesis adviser. 🗙
Stretch goal: Consult with adviser to decide on topic. Stretch goal: Draft initial thesis proposal.
- I didn’t want to add to their workload while all my professors were figuring out how to move their classes online, and I myself was a little preoccupied by the transition. Next month, maybe.
- Look into summer courses to lighten my course load next year. 🗙
- I don’t even know if my local community college is offering summer courses this year. (My university is doing online summer courses, but that out-of-state tuition is … a lot.)
- Write 150 words per day. 🗙
- Solidify night routine and sleep schedule. 🗙
- Jet lag is real and it sucks.
This Month’s Media
Posts I Wrote
- March Preview
- [Review] Only Mostly Devastated
- [Fireside Friday] Bloghopping Bingo
- Pondathon Wrap-Up
- The Book Interview Tag
- 4 Levels of Squirrel Haiku
- [Review] Newsflesh series by Mira Grant
- Please Stop Commenting On How “Much” I Read
- I Broke Up With My Phone
- The Currently Reading Tag
- Camp NaNoWriMo Prep
Posts I Read
- I barely bloghopped this month — hopefully I’ll get back into it next month, but I make no promises
Things I Watched
- Season 7 (aka the last season) of Fresh Off the Boat 😭
- Stories We Tell [documentary for class]
- Hunger Games marathon [rewatch]
- Men in Black: International
- Good Omens [rewatch]
This Month’s Highlights
Most of the month is a blur, before and after I came home for the rest of the semester. But I’m still trying to focus on the positives, so here’s what comes to mind:
- I was elected as next year’s Secretary for one of my clubs
- I’ve started making plans for next year for another of my clubs, as President Elect this year (i.e., I’ll be President next year)
- Our power/wifi was out most of Thursday, so my mom and brother and I pulled out a bunch of board games for the first time in literal years
- My college friends and I had a Jackbox-games-and-voice-chat night, the first of hopefully more to come
- Haley and I continued our buddy read marathon, which has been tons of fun
- I also buddy read a book with Meeghan, which was fun too
(By the way, if you’re interested in buddy reading, you can use the Compare Books feature on Goodreads to see if anything on my #StartOnYourShelfathon TBR or priority owned TBR is also on your shelves!)
So yeah, I’m just taking things one day at a time. We’ll get through this.
- What goals/plans did you achieve this past month?
- Are there any that you didn’t quite reach? Will you be trying again next month, or moving on to other pursuits?
- Of the many awesome posts I couldn’t include in this roundup, are there any that I should make sure to hop to?