This meme was created by Evelina @ Avalinah’s Books!
It’s been a relatively tame month as far as ARCs are concerned. I’ll talk about the actual numbers in more detail in a bit, but the upshot is that I’ve kept on top of deadlines / release dates — my next two aren’t due until late August, and I’ve actually already read some of the September / October titles — and I’m actually down to my last 10 ARCs! (Plus the one I’m currently reading.)
That said, don’t be too impressed; I’m more than a little behind on reviews for the ARCs that I’ve finished. I know that I should be writing them as I finish each book, otherwise it’ll take forever to regather my thoughts into coherent sentences, but readathons and exams happened … so here we are.
There should be another ARC bingo coming out this month, but as of this post being scheduled Evelina’s July State of the ARC isn’t out yet. Once it is, I may return and edit it into this post, or just include this month’s ARCs when I post my August update; we’ll see.
Shockingly, the most impactful variable in this month’s update is the number of new review copies: my lowest yet, likely in large part because I haven’t spent much time scrolling through my Twitter or Goodreads feeds so I have no idea what’s coming out that I might want to request.
I actually haven’t gotten through quite as many ARCs as I usually do, but I didn’t DNF any — in fact, I really enjoyed most of the ARCs I read this month. Quality over quantity and all that; what matters is that I finished almost twice as many ARCs as I acquired this month.
New Review Copies (5):
- Stargazing by Jen Wang [thank you, Shenwei!] – Read
- What Kind of Girl by Alyssa B. Sheinmel [Netgalley] – TBR
- Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker, illustrated by Wendy Xu [Netgalley] – Read
- Mind Games by Shana Silver [Blog Tour] – Read
- Mindfulness for Students by Natasha Kaufman [Publisher via Netgalley] – Read
Read This Month (8):
[you can click on the title to see the Goodreads page, or the 🔥s to see my review]
- They Are The Tide (The Psionics #3) by Tash McAdam | 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker, illustrated by Wendy Xu | 🔥🔥🔥🔥 1/2
- Of Kindred and Stardust by Archer Kay Leah | 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Keeping Lucy by T. Greenwood | 🔥🔥
- Mindfulness for Students by Natasha Kaufman | 🔥🔥
- Stargazing by Jen Wang | 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Jade War (Green Bone Saga #2) by Fonda Lee | 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Mind Games by Shana Silver | 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
DNF’d This Month (0)
Currently Reading (1):
- Carnegie Hill by Jonathan Vatner
How’s your state of the ARC looking? Have you read any good ones that I should look out for (after I catch up more on the ones I already have) or that I should get to soon if I already have them?