🎶 And when I see the stars on trees a-sparkling
That’s how I know it’s December, darling 🎶
Now that we’re officially in the twelfth of the twelve months of 2021, I guess it’s time to take stock of my TBR and see what I can cross off the list before the calendar switches over. It’s a very long list, as it always is, of course, so this is the narrowed-down version.
(How does one write a blog post, again? As always when I’ve fallen out of the flow, please bear with me as I relearn this skill.)
Though I’d originally aimed to finish this challenge by the end of the year, a combination of burnout, busyness, and a bit of a reading slump got in the way. So – keeping in mind that reading challenges are meant to be more fun than stressful – I’m extending my “deadline” to next June, giving myself a year rather than seven months to complete the 51 prompts.
In short, I still have about 20 states + DC to go; I have some titles penciled in, but suggestions are welcome!
Series in Progress
This section of my TBR has been thwarted by library hold queues, but in an ideal world I would’ve loved to finish or catch up on the below series, or at least as many volumes as I could get through.
Discworld series by Terry Pratchett:
- City Watch subseries
- Industrial Revolution subseries
- The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Mice
- Tiffany Aching subseries
October Daye series by Seanan McGuire:
- A Red-Rose Chain
- Once Broken Faith
- The Brightest Fell
- Night and Silence
- The Unkindest Tide
- A Killing Frost
- When Sorrows Come
- [more books TK]
Maximum Ride: The Manga by NaRae Lee (& James Patterson)
- from Vol. 3 onwards
Just some books I’ve acquired, either through my library or Amazon First Reads or as gifts, which I’d like to read in the next few weeks.
- Comfort Me with Apples by Catherynne M. Valente
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo
- The Wedding Game by Meghan Quinn
- Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery
- Have you had a good reading year so far? Or, like me, are you trying to catch up and cram in as many books as possible before the year ends?
- What books are on your end-of-year TBR?
- Do you have any books picked out to read in 2022?