At long last, I am a college/uni graduate and fully vaccinated and looking forward to Doing Things again. (Not sure what Things, exactly, but I’ll figure it out.)
Reading Challenges Check-In
Goodreads Reading Challenge
- Read this month: 33
- Current total: 132 / 200
- Read this month: 6
- Current total: 48 / 52
- Read this month: 7
- Current total: 41 / 50
@asianreadathon • #asianreadathon
Hosted by Cindy (@readwithcindy). You can combine challenges and read in any order;
however, EACH book you read should feature a character or author of a different Asian ethnicity.
|✔||Read any book written by an Asian author||Bitter in the Mouth||Monica Truong||Vietnamese author & MC|
|✔||Read any book featuring an Asian protagonist||The Love and Lies of Rukhsana Ali||Sabina Khan||Desi author & Bengali MC|
|✔||Read any book written by an Asian author in your favorite genre → CONTEMPORARY||All of This Is True||Lygia Day Peñaflor||Filipinx author|
|✔||Read any nonfiction book written by an Asian author||Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning||Cathy Park Hong||Korean author; Asian-American focus|
|✔||Read any book written by an Asian author that’s not US-centric||A Snake Lies Waiting||Jin Yong||Chinese author & cast|
State of the ARC
State of the ARC is a monthly meme created by Evelina @ Avalinah’s Books.
Acquired – 3
|Welcome Home by Najwa Zebian||Netgalley||DNF|
|I Am Margaret Moore by Hannah Capin||Netgalley||TBR|
|The Enneagram at Work by Jim McPartlin||Netgalley||DNF|
Read – 3
|Within These Wicked Walls by Lauren Blackwood||★★☆☆☆|
|If This Gets Out by Sophie Gonzales & Cale Dietrich||★★★✯☆|
|A Heart Divided by Jin Yong||★★★✯☆|
Did Not Finish – 3
|The City Beautiful by Aden Polydoros||[ review ]|
|Welcome Home by Najwa Zebian||[ review ]|
|The Enneagram at Work by Jim McPartlin||[ review ]|
Remaining ARCs – 2
Read This Month
Clicking on the titles below will take you to the book’s Goodreads page.
[ARC] indicates an advance review copy; [RC] indicates a post-release review copy.
5 Star Reads
4.5 Star Reads
- Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning by Cathy Park Hong
- How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories by Holly Black
- Bitter in the Mouth by Monica Truong
- The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb
4 Star Reads
- Fugitive Telemetry by Martha Wells
- The Galaxy, and the Ground Within by Becky Chambers
- What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Fluent Forever by Gabriel Wyner
- Felicity by Mary Oliver
- When the Tiger Came Down the Mountain by Nghi Vo
- Polysecure by Jessica Fern
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn
- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
33 read + 13 DNF
3.52 average rating
- What are the best/worst books you read this month?
- Which books, if any, are you hoping/planning to read next month?
- Did you participate in any reading challenges and/or readathons this month? Are you signed up for any next month?