I always feel like I should be making the most of spring break by spring cleaning, like, my whole life — and since it’s been a while (hi, hello) my blog could definitely use some time dedicated to dusting off the virtual cobwebs and refreshing some outdated information.
Shoutout to my past self for the handy Blog Maintenance Checklist I’ll be relying on!
Honestly I don’t know if this will be interesting/helpful/etc. to anyone but me, but I like the accountability of sharing this publicly; it was also easier and less awkward to write than a(nother) “Hey I’m back from hiatus … hopefully for real this time” post. Gotta start somewhere, y’know?
- Clear out blog email inbox.
- Catch up on comments. (Though I may miss some since it’s been so long!)
- Update books & blogging spreadsheet.
- Finish and schedule remaining March posts.
- Finish setting up Feedly for bloghopping.
- Make April post schedule and draft posts.
- Update 2021 reading challenges.
- Update review archive page.
- Update series synopses page.
- Revise About page.
- Revise review policy.
- Update stats and info on ARC sites.
- Bloghop. (And add it to my weekly schedule.)
- Review Goodreads shelves and link blogged reviews.
- Catch up on pending reviews.
- Finalize new blog logo and color palette.
- Check all blog links and images.
- Do you spring clean (your living space, your blog, your life)?
- When was the last time you did blog maintenance?
- I’m sure I’ve missed tons of good content
and messy drama; catch me up on what’s happening in your life!