Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody’s ever made before. Don’t freeze, don’t stop, don’t worry that it isn’t good enough, or it isn’t perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.
Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, Do it.– Neil Gaiman
Quite honestly, I’ve already missed a few days of the habits I’m working on. The month (year) is already imperfect so I am trying to embrace it as it is, rather than wishing it were better.
Reading & Blogging
- Pick up diverse books for at least half of total read count.
- Review every book I read or DNF this month.
- Catch up on at least 5 overdue ARC reviews.
- Publish a blog post at least twice per week.
- Bloghop at least once per week.
Academic & Career
- Once semester starts, create (and adjust as needed) a weekly class/study schedule.
- Finish online screenplay-writing course.
- Draft Impossible List.
- Journal at least 3x per week.
- Complete at least 20 days of BREATH series (Yoga with Adriene).
- Fix my stupid screwed-up sleep schedule.
Anticipated Book Releases
- Jan 12 – Tales From the Hinterland (The Hazel Wood #2.5) by Melissa Albert
- Jan 12 – Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas
- Jan 12 – Across the Green Grass Fields (Wayward Children #6) by Seanan McGuire
- Jan 19 – Remote Control by Nnedi Okorafor
ARCs I Have
(You can click on the titles below to see the book on Goodreads and the stars, which indicate my rating, to see my review.)
- Jan 5 – The Neurotic Notebook by Lena Friedrich | ★★☆☆☆
- Jan 12 – You Have a Match by Emma Lord | ★★★✯☆
- Jan 26 – shine your icy crown by Amanda Lovelace | ★★★★☆
Events & Updates
- Apparently my birthday is this month? IDK fam, time has not been real for almost longer than I can remember atm, I’m mentally frozen at like eighteen or nineteen, and also I never really do anything to celebrate anyway 😅
- Then I’m going into my last semester of college/uni, with a full 18-credit (6 classes) workload — but half my classes are asynchronous, which means they don’t actually meet (on Zoom or otherwise) and time management will be crucial.
- My school continues to offer personal and professional development workshops; I’ve signed up for a couple of those this month. Really gotta start working on those post-graduation plans (yikes).
- Do you have a favorite quote about this month or time of year?
- What goals and plans do you have for this month?
- Which upcoming releases are you most excited to read?