But I can see us lost in the memory– Taylor Swift, “August”
August slipped away into a moment in time
‘Cause it was never mine
[Insert something witty about 2020 being a dumpster fire and/or time being a meaningless construct and/or my motivation / ability to focus being totally AWOL, because those have been the three predominant moods for the past few months.]
Reading & Blogging
- Read 10 books (or half of total read count) for #StartOnYourShelfathon.
- Read 3 books by/about Asian folx for #YARC2020.
- Read 4 books by/about Black folx for #TarotBLMBingo.
- Catch up on ARC reviews (14).
- Continue researching and preparing applications for post-graduation (eep).
- Create CV/master resume.
- Update pediatric club website with collected resources.
- Finish decluttering and reorganizing my room.
- Stretch daily (or at least 5x per week).
- Work out at least 3x per week, for 15-30 min at a time.
- We’ve gotten a stationary bike, so hopefully that helps motivate me.
- Journal at least 4x per week.
Anticipated Book Releases
ARCs I Have
- Aug 4 – Lobizona by Romina Garber | ★★★★✯
- Aug 6 – Cinderella Is Dead by Kalynn Bayron | DNF
- Aug 25 – Where Dreams Descend by Janella Angeles | Blog Tour – RTC
Waiting for Release Day
- Aug 4 – Vanessa Yu’s Magical Paris Tea Shop by Roselle Lim
- Aug 25 – Darius the Great Deserves Better by Adib Khorram
- Aug 25 – The Con Code by Shana Silver
- Aug 25 – The Nemesis by S.J. Kincaid
… Yeah, there isn’t really much happening this month. Mostly I’m just waiting for the semester to start, and along with it my clubs and online tutoring and hopefully some interesting and/or useful virtual events.
This post is backdated.
- Do you have a favorite quote about this month or time of year?
- What goals and plans do you have for this month?
- Which upcoming releases are you most excited to read?