Another month down, five more to go. (Not that I was particularly productive in July but hey, it’s over now.)
This Month’s Goals
Reading & Blogging
- Read 10 books (or half of total read count) for #StartOnYourShelfathon.
- I’ve passed 10, but of course I don’t know my final read count for the month yet.
- Read 3 books by/about Asian folx for #YARC2020. ✓
- Read 4 books by/about Black folx, ideally at least 2 nonfiction. ✓
- Bloghop at least once per week. 🗙
- I know, the bar was extraordinarily low and I still didn’t clear it. 😕
- Catch up on at least 6 (of 12 remaining) ARC reviews. 🗙
- Keep up with summer learning programs. ✓
- Update master resume. 🗙
- Continue researching and preparing applications for post-graduation. ✓
- Stretch daily (or at least 5x per week). 🗙
- Work out at least 3x per week, for 15-30 min at a time. 🗙
- Journal at least 2x per week. ✓
- Close enough, anyway — there was one week I only journaled once, but my average was much higher than twice weekly.
This Month’s Media
Posts I Wrote
- July Preview
- [Blog Tour: Review + Moodboards] Unravel the Dusk by Elizabeth Lim
- Midyear Report
- Get to Know YA Tag
Things I Watched
- 2 個爸爸 [Two Fathers]
- I was introduced to this Taiwanese drama at summer camp in middle school but never finished it until now. It’s a fun time, though very hetero-romantic (despite the title).
- Shokugeki no Soma [Food Wars] Season 1
- Certain scenes are unnecessarily sexualized, but I’m a sucker for stories where the main character is pursuing mastery in their passion.
This Month’s Highlights
- I registered for a bunch of virtual events, but the only one I attended was the Vlogbrothers YouTube launch of Hank Green’s new book, A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor. It was definitely lots of fun, though, so I’m glad I made it.
- Once again, I picked a Camp NaNo project — instead of a single new WIP, my goal was to add 10k words to any combination of my existing WIPs … and once again, I only made it a few days before other things claimed my attention.
- Since my university announced that we’ll be having an online-only fall semester, I started packing up my off-campus place while things are somewhat stable, so that I don’t have to worry about it and my parents don’t have to worry about my safety any longer. (Ask me about plane travel during a pandemic … kidding, please don’t. I don’t want to talk about it.)
This post is backdated.
- What goals/plans did you achieve this past month? (Every little victory counts!)
- Are there any that you didn’t quite reach? Will you be trying again next month, or moving on to other pursuits?