Now accepting theories on why the month when I’ve had the most free time has somehow been my worst reading month so far. (My current favorite is that non-procrastireading is less tempting to my brain … though that doesn’t explain the low average rating.)
Reading Challenges Check-In
- Read this month: 23 books
- Total so far: 151 / 200 (75.5%)
- Read this month: 16 Read + 1 DNF
- Current total: 101 Read + 21 DNF
- Remaining owned-TBR: 92
- Read this month: 3
- Current total: 37 / 51
- Current badge: Giant panda
- Read this month: 0
- Total so far: 10 / 12
State of the ARC
State of the ARC is a monthly meme created by Evelina @ Avalinah’s Books.
- Recommended for You by Laura Silverman | Netgalley | TBR
- Privilege by Bharat Krishnan | Author | TBR
- none 😕
- Cinderella Is Dead by Kalynn Bayron | [review]
- The Ninth Life by Taylor Barton
- will not read due to author’s toxic behavior; the book appears to have been removed from Goodreads
- The Year Shakespeare Ruined My Life by Dani Jansen | [review]
- A Spectacle of Souls by Jessica Julien
Read This Month
Clicking on the titles below will take you to the book’s Goodreads page.
[ARC] indicates an advance review copy; [RC] indicates a post-release review copy.
5 Star Reads
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston [reread]
4.5 Star Reads
- Passing Strange by Ellen Klages
- Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
- Small Town Hearts by Lillie Vale [reread]
4 Star Reads
- The City We Became by N.K. Jemisin
- Running with Lions by Julian Winters
- Network Effect by Martha Wells
- The Weight of Our Sky by Hanna Alkaf
27 read + 6 DNF
3.24 average rating
- What are the best/worst books you read this month?
- Which books, if any, are you hoping/planning to read next month?
- Did you participate in any reading challenges and/or readathons this month? Are you signed up for any next month?