Time has ceased to hold any meaning and I am in denial that so much of 2020 has passed by already. And kinda torn between wanting to take a pause to catch my breath versus wanting to speed through the rest of this hell year, honestly.
This Month’s Goals
Reading & Blogging
- Read 10 books (or half of total read count) for #StartOnYourShelfathon. ✓
- Read 3 books by/about Asian people for #YARC2020. ✓
- Read 8 books by/about LGBT+ people for Pride Month. ✓
- Actively support Black creators: read their books, follow their blog/booktube channel/etc., RT their messages.
- It feels performative to check this one off, but I have been making an active effort and will continue to do so.
- Bloghop at least once but preferably 2-3 times per week. 🗙
- Catch up on ARC reviews (12). 🗙
Update master resume;update LinkedIn and Handshake profiles. ✓
- Did not get to the resume, but I did update my professional social media.
- Attend 3-5 professional development webinars (since they’re available for free through my school). ✓
- I’ve enrolled in a few virtual professional development/leadership summer programs, since I don’t have a part-time job or internship to get me out of bed before noon on weekdays.
- Start working on senior honors thesis. ✓
- Research post-graduation opportunities. ✓
- I didn’t want to list this and not actually do it for another consecutive month, but then I found myself awake at 4am looking at grad school application timelines.
- So while it’s still a bit early to apply for some of the things I’m looking at, I now have a better idea of what’s out there. Which has done wonders for my quarter-life crisis.
- Stretch daily. 🗙
- Work out at least 3x per week. 🗙
- Journal at least 2x per week.
- I managed about once a week, plus a couple more, so I’m trying to remember that any progress is good progress.
- Go to bed by 11 pm at least 20 of 30 days. 🗙
- Honestly, I don’t think I went to bed before midnight most days.
This Month’s Media
Posts I Wrote
- June Preview
- Black Lives Matter.
- [Book Recs] Bisexual/Pansexual Protagonists
- Pride Flag Book Tag
- Self-Care for Bloggers
- [Book Recs] Demisexual Protagonists
- I Made Cookies from Small Town Hearts
Things I Watched
- [rewatch] The 100 season 1 + 2×01 & 2×02
- It both does and doesn’t hold up, watching as a twenty-something instead of a high school student. But the cast is, of course, still super hot. (And it doesn’t feel too sleazy to say that because unlike their characters, they are not and don’t really look like teenagers.)
- [rewatch] La storia della Arcana Famiglia
- Nova continues to be my favorite. I continue to wish there were more episodes because the concept is really cool.
- several YouTube reviews of the Artemis Fowl
- The closest I’ll ever get to seeing the movie, tbh.
- probably too many YouTube videos about working from home
- Because watching productivity videos is easier than being productive.
- a heckin lot of readwithcindy
This Month’s Highlights
I’m actually totally blanking here. A peek at my Google Calendar and a scroll through my camera roll didn’t really turn up anything interesting, either. So while I’m sure there were redeeming moments in this month, to be quite honest I’m just glad it’s finally over.
- What goals/plans did you achieve this past month?
- Are there any that you didn’t quite reach? Will you be trying again next month, or moving on to other pursuits?
Of the many awesome posts I couldn’t include in this roundup, are there any that I should make sure to hop to?