As my semester comes to a close, I’m on the hunt for ways to fill the time — and, perhaps more importantly, for new goals to fulfill. In the past I’ve found readathons to be really great for meeting those purposes, so this month I’m going to try and complete the prompts for not just one but two of them.
Wish me luck!
Hosted by Cindy @ readwithcindy.
The world is a little scary right now, especially for Asians. Let’s show our support and understanding for each other by dedicating a month to reading Asian books. This is an online, month-long reading marathon that is meant to be as easy and accessible for everyone!
- Read any book by an Asian author – TBD; options include (among others)
- Read a book featuring an Asian character or written by an Asian author who you can relate to – Everything Here Is Beautiful by Mira T. Lee
- MCs are Chinese-American girls; Miranda is a protective older sister and Lucia struggles with mental illness
- Read a book featuring an Asian character or written by an Asian author who is different from you – Patron Saints of Nothing by Randy Ribay
- MC Jay Reguero is Filipino-American and male
- Read a book recommended by an Asian – The Dragon Warrior by Katie Zhao
- recommended by Soph @ Bookwyrming Thoughts
- [OPTIONAL] Group read – Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
Hosted by Lauren @ Northern Plunder for Books and Tea book club.
Given the current climate of the world, books may be harder to come by, with this in mind we’ve opted to stop doing read-alongs for a little while. Instead we’re focusing on READATHONS!
Additionally our overall aim is to help encourage you to read more, especially as you may be struggling to do so lately.
- Read a book that counts toward the BnT Reading Challenge – Lament by Maggie Stiefvater
- prompt: an author’s lesser known book
- Read a book with a title that starts with M, A, or Y [I’ve opted to try for all three because I’m an overachiever with a lot of time on my hands]
- Read a book that makes you feel positive vibes (for Mental Health Awareness Month) – Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
- Read a book with flowers on the cover (because April showers bring May flowers) – Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
- Read the next book in a series you’ve been meaning to continue – A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil #2) by Soman Chainani
- Will you participating in either of these readathons?
- Have you read any of the books on my TBRs? What did you think of them?
- Do you prefer to make readathon TBRs or just figure it out as you go?