It’s always such an honor to be nominated for blogger awards, and today thanks are due to Ren Strange @ Strange Storyteller. This one looks like lots of fun, so let’s just get right into it!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigma) and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
3 Facts About Me
- After four years of color/winter guard, I can say with certainty that I tan but don’t burn under the sun. Except my ears, for some reason — my ears have gotten sunburned, and it was not fun.
- I love working with kids, but honestly I’m not sure whether I want the neverending responsibility of having my own. (Thankfully I still have plenty of time to decide!)
- Even as a kid, I never developed a taste for soda or juice; as an adult, I haven’t developed a taste for coffee either. I’ll take water, tea, or soymilk instead.
Ren’s 5 Questions & My Answers
If you could physically fight any character, who would it be and why?
There are plenty of asshole characters who deserve to be physically fought … but I’m 5’0″ and don’t weigh enough to donate blood, to say nothing of how uncoordinated I am.
So maybe I’ll play it safe-ish: a friendly sparring match with Genie Lo, even though she would definitely kick my ass. We could grab bubble tea afterward and bond over being overachieving Asian-Americans raised in the SF Bay Area.
How do you stay motivated to write for your blog?
Honestly? I don’t really, haha.
If studyblr has taught me anything, discipline > motivation. There are plenty of times when I’m not totally happy with a post and/or don’t feel like creating content, but I know in the long run I’ll be happier if I stick with it. It’s all good practice, and I do love getting to look back at how I used to think, plan, and design, especially in comparison to how far I’ve come.
Who is your biggest inspiration (whether in life or in your career field)?
Maggie Stiefvater, on both counts. Her writing is incredible and she clearly deserves her commercial success; I am also absolutely in awe of how multitalented she is (have you seen her art? Listened to her music? Heard her speak to an audience?), which reassures me that I don’t have to pick just one thing in life to be super interested in and/or good at.
If Maggie Stiefvater is any indication, you really can have and do it all.
Which writer would you interview, if you could?
Maggie Stiefvater again; can you tell how much I love her? Though I did attend one of her writing seminars, so I have a bit of an idea how she writes. Hm.
Perhaps Erin Morgenstern. Both her books (The Night Circus and The Starless Sea) are incredible: beautifully written, masterfully woven plots, memorable settings and characters. I’d love to learn more about her process.
Besides books, what are your biggest interests/hobbies?
I spend a lot of time knitting, though mostly I’ve just been making scarves to donate to the local soup kitchen. (It’s something to keep my hands busy while I read/listen to podcasts/catch up on my endless YouTube watch-later playlist/space out.)
Lately I’ve also been getting back into stretching — I was pretty flexible in high school, and it would be cool to regain my right and left splits. And while I never did manage the straddle split, maybe someday I will.
This school year I switched into a traveler’s notebook, but I’ve been missing more traditional bullet journaling. Once I fill up my current notebooks, I’ll probably switch back.
Although my original writing has kind of fallen by the wayside lately, it’s still something I love to do. I have so many stories I want to tell.
My Best Posts
Ahhhhhhh this is like asking me to pick favorite books — I have some ideas, but it’s so difficult to narrow down! But here’s a somewhat arbitrary assortment that I’m generally proud of:
- Goodreads Tips & Tricks
- [Bookending Summer Host Prompt] Table for Two
- I Made November Cakes & Labyrinth Cakes
- Ode to Libraries
- My Long-Term Relationship with Fanfiction
- How do you take care of yourself at the end of a long day or week?
- What’s something you’ve always wanted to learn/try but haven’t gotten to yet?
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose?
- Which book character(s) do you most aspire to be like?
- What animal form would your daemon settle into?
As always, I know far more than 10 (or even 20) deserving bloggers, so please don’t take it personally if I didn’t list you this time! I try to nominate different friends in different posts to spread the love 💕
And even if I didn’t tag you, feel free to let me know your answers to my questions!