Now that 2020 has officially begun, I wanted to take a moment to commemorate everything that happened in 2019. It was an eventful year, with lots of ups and downs, but for better or worse it set the stage for 2020.
So here’s to what has been, and to what will be. Happy new year! 🥳
Best Reads of 2019
- Small Town Hearts by Lillie Vale
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He
- The Grace Year by Kim Liggett
- What Kind of Girl by Alyssa Sheinmel
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
- Other Words for Smoke by Sarah Maria Griffin
- Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
- In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan
My Best Posts of 2019
These are my personal favorites, rather than my top-performing posts. (I haven’t done the latter analysis yet, though I probably will at some point.)
In no particular order:
- “Dinner Date”
- Ode to Libraries
- Off Tangent Thoughts: When Someone Interrupts My Reading
- [Bloggers in the Attic] Teatime Talks: Required Reading
- [Bookending Summer Host Post] Table for Two
Achievements & Memories
- I finished 245 books, 29 of which were 5-star reads.
- My first traveler’s notebook got me through the fall semester; while all the 2020 bujo setup videos are admittedly inducing FOMO, I think I’m sticking with the TN for now.
- I saw Avengers: Endgame in theaters with my suitemates, then Spiderman: Far From Home in theaters alone. The two experiences were equally great, and in 2020 I hope to see more movies, both by myself and with friends.
- Maggie Stiefvater’s Brooklyn writing seminar was everything I hoped and dreamed. That is all.
- About a year after it began, my first romantic relationship ended. I don’t regret a moment of it, though I’m happy now focusing on my relationship with myself and the world at large.
- I finished the two years of prerequisite courses, only to finally come to terms with the knowledge that pharmacy is not for me. While I’m still not totally sure what I’m changing my major to, I already feel more excited for future semesters.
- “The End of an Era: Wrapping Up the 2010s” was my 150th blog post.
- This blog reached 100, then 200, then over 300 followers! Thank you all for sticking around, even through my extended hiatus 💕
- And last but certainly not least, the elephant
(or fox?)in the room: I redesigned my blog! If you’re reading this, I’m glad you found the new URL and I hope you like the new aesthetic as much as I do.
- What are your favorite memories from 2019?
- How many books did you read in 2019? Did you reach your goal(s), if you set any?
- Did you participate in any reading challenges/readathons in 2019? Are you participating in any in 2020?