This meme and the original header image were created by Evelina @ Avalinah’s Books!
The ARCs that I have left at this point are pretty evenly distributed throughout the year, with just a handful due each month, and I’m feeling a lot less stressed about my ability to get them all read and reviewed by release date. Which is nice … as long as I don’t convince myself that it means I can request a bunch more.
(Since I didn’t do a State of the ARC post last month while I was focusing on Asian Lit Bingo, in this installment I’ve listed the titles for both May and June.)
ICYMI, I finished up the ARC bingo board back in April which is why it’s not included in this post! But Evelina set it up so there will be another one for the second half of the year, so I’ll look forward to that.
The graph above is where I am as of today, using my June data; I’ve switched from a pie chart since I realized it’s not as clear or accurate to evaluate the numbers as percentages of a whole, in part because some ARCs were double- or even triple-counted. In total, I’ve finished (read or DNF’d) 10 ARCs and am currently reading 2 more.
Obviously, the vast majority of my ARCs are still coming from Netgalley, though they’re not all from me requesting: in some cases I got a pre-approved Netgalley widget directly from the publisher. I’ve also gotten through my Goodreads giveaway titles and have been entering far fewer of those (basically none, actually) so I don’t have any of those left; Edelweiss continues to
bully me balance out my high Netgalley approval ratio.
What the chart doesn’t really show is that the height of my (metaphorical / mostly-digital) ARC pile is holding pretty steady from previous months: the number I gain each month is roughly equal to the number I finish off. But I’ve been getting them all read on time and I feel like I’m treading water instead of drowning, so it’s all good!
New review copies in May (8):
- Color Me In by Natasha Diaz [Netgalley] – TBR
- The Immortal Prudence Blackwood by Stephanie Grey [Netgalley] – TBR
- 10-Minute Magic Spells by Skye Alexander [Publisher via Netgalley] – Read
- The Furies by Katie Lowe [Publisher via Netgalley] – TBR
- What Makes Us by Rafi Mittlefehldt [Netgalley] – TBR
- The Phantom Forest by Liz Kerin [Netgalley] – DNF
- Eclipse the Skies (Ignite the Stars #2) by Maura Milan [Edelweiss] – Read
- Don’t Keep Your Day Job by Cathy Heller [Netgalley] – TBR
New review copies in June (9):
- No Fences in Alaska by Glen Sobey [Netgalley] – DNF
- The Grace Year by Kim Liggett [Netgalley] – TBR
- Full Support by Natalee Woods [Netgalley] – TBR
- webcomics* — Lempo, Spoiler: He Was Trans!, Make More Comics (3) [Publisher: Queercomic.com] – Read
- Pseudo President: The Cyber Voting-Fraud Scandal by Rob Bryant [Netgalley] – DNF
- Of Kindred and Stardust by Archer Kay Leah [Netgalley] – TBR
- They Are the Tide (The Psionics #3) by Tash McAdam [Netgalley] – Currently Reading
- Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars #1) by Elizabeth Lim [Blog Tour via Netgalley] – Read
- Jade War (Green Bone Saga #2) by Fonda Lee [Blog Tour / Publisher] – Currently Reading
Read In May (5):
- Finale (Caraval #3) by Stephanie Garber | 🔥🔥🔥🔥 1/2
- Natalie Tan’s Book of Luck and Fortune by Roselle Lim | 🔥🔥🔥 1/2
- Fake It Till You Break It by Jenn P. Nguyen | 🔥🔥🔥🔥 1/2
- 10-Minute Magic Spells by Skye Alexander | 🔥🔥
- A Hero Born (Legend of the Condor Heroes #1) by Jing Yong, translated by Anna Holmwood | 🔥🔥🔥
Read In June (7):
- The Lost Letters of William Woolf by Helen Cullen | 🔥🔥🔥 1/2
- The Paper Wasp by Lauren Acampora | 🔥🔥 1/2
- I Am the Storm (The Psionics #1) by Tash McAdam | 🔥🔥🔥 1/2
- Eclipse the Skies (Ignite the Stars #2) by Maura Milan | 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Uncomfortable Labels by Laura Kate Dale | 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars #1) by Elizabeth Lim | 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- webcomic*: Lempo by Sara Valta | 🔥🔥
- webcomic*: Spoiler: He Was Trans! by Paju Ruotsalainen | 🔥🔥🔥 1/2
- webcomics*: Make More Comics (3) by H-P Lehkonen | 🔥🔥🔥🔥
* I am counting all 5 webcomics as a single arc since i got them together and they’re relatively short. also, only one is on Goodreads (because it was published as a book) so you’ll just have to wait for my review post to come out, sorry.
DNF’d in May (1):
DNF’d in June (3):
- No Fences in Alaska by Glen Sobey (x)
- Please Send Help by Gaby Dunn & Allison Rosen (x)
- Pseudo President by Rob Bryant (x)
Currently Reading (2):
How’s your state of the ARC looking? Have you read any good ones that I should look out for (after I catch up more on the ones I already have) or that I should get to soon if I already have them?