This meme was created by Evelina @ Avalinah’s Books!
I’m not sure how it’s the end of the month already, but here we are again! (And spoiler alert: my State of the ARC is also almost exactly the same as it was last month.)
One of the biggest downsides of doing so many reading challenges — which I really should’ve anticipated, knowing myself and my reading habits and tendency to overachieve — is that I feel like I should be making progress on all of the challenges, all the time. So while in theory February was supposed to be about making headway with my ARCs, having gotten a good headstart on everything else in January, I found myself seeking out titles that were written by Asian authors or that fulfilled my PopSugar Reading Challenge; and since I was theoretically on an ARC-acquiring ban, these had to be backlist books.
Also #ReviewPit happened and I ended up accepting six more books for review 👀 But hey, I am absolutely here to support indie and self-published authors, so I’m honestly not even sorry. (I am definitely going on a ban next month, though! If you see me picking up more ARCs, this is me giving you permission to call me out, though preferably privately.)
I did manage to refocus towards the middle/end of the month
which are basically the same thing since February is so short, and I managed to get through a decent number of review copies (though not nearly as many as I had hoped, and I’m telling myself it’s because I was hit with three exams within a few days of each other).
As you can see, I did okay with ARCs this month; I currently have a grand total of 29 (one less than last month! Which is pretty good, considering that I added so many new ones 😅
New review copies (14):
- The Manic Pixie Dream Boy Improvement Project by Lenore Appelhans [Netgalley]
- Hashtag Authentic by Sara Tasker [Netgalley]
- Natalie Tan’s Book of Luck and Fortune by Roselle Lim [Edelweiss]
- My Name is Rose by Alexa Kingaard [Xpresso Blog Tours]
- Standing Sideways by J. Lynn Bailey [Xpresso Blog Tours]
- Paper Bag Mask by Brock Heasley [#ReviewPit]
- Oasis by Bharat Krishnan [#ReviewPit]
- Battlecry by Emerald Dodge [#ReviewPit]
- Forte by J.D. Spero [#ReviewPit]
- Gems of Fire by Diane E. Samson [#ReviewPit]
- Love From the Barricade by Ashley Jean Granillo [#ReviewPit]
- The Sound of Suffering by Darin C. Brown [YA Bound Book Tours]
- We Are the Catalyst by Tash McAdam [#ReviewPit]
- Tears You Apart by Shannon A. Hiner [#ReviewPit]
Read This Month (7):
- Confessions of Socrates by R.L. Prendergast | 🔥🔥 1/2
- Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan | 🔥🔥
- Hashtag Authentic by Sara Tasker | 🔥🔥🔥🔥 1/2
- Just for Clicks by Kara McDowell | 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Where the Forest Meets the Stars by Glendy Vanderah | 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Acquisition of Word Formation Devices in First & Second Languages by Endri Shqerra | 🔥🔥
- Small Town Hearts by Lillie Vale | 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
DNF’d This Month (5):
- The Secret of Clouds by Alyson Richman
- Liquid Rules by Mark Miodownik
- The Sound of Suffering by Darin C. Brown
- The Payout by Bryan Cassiday
- Sourpuss by Merricat Mulwray
Currently Reading (2):
- The Manic Pixie Dream Boy Improvement Project by Lenore Appelhans
- Buddy reading with Sam!!
- Strategy Strikes Back: How Star Wars Explains Modern Military Conflict edited by Max Brooks, John Amble, M.L. Cavanaugh, Jaym Gates
My ARC bingo is also progressing nicely! I’ve managed to fill in 2 more boxes, and accomplished two bingos (a diagonal and a horizontal) 🎉 Based on the synopses of my #ReviewPit books and my current reading pace — as well as the fact that I have over a week off school for spring break next month! — I think I may even be able to finish it off in March.
How’s your state of the ARC looking? Have you read any good ones that I should look out for (after I catch up more on the ones I already have) or that I should get to soon if I already have them? Let me know!