To be quite honest I don’t think I’ve watched anything since maybe last Thanksgiving break? Stressing out over
not actually studying for my classes — organic chemistry, I’m looking at you — didn’t leave much time for leisure, and I mostly ended up diving into books instead of shows. Which doesn’t make sense, in hindsight, because what I really needed was to space out, but oh well.
I was tagged by the wonderful Sam @ Fictionally Sam, who adapted this tag from YouTube, and who is an amazing blogger you should follow! ❤
1. Favorite shows?
- Elementary (mostly for Lucy Liu, but also she and Jonny Lee Miller have great banter and I live for it)
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (every member of this cast and the character they play is a gift that we do not deserve)
- The 100 (specifically seasons 1, 2, and 3b. as far as I’m concerned, 3a does not exist, and I may be done now because s5 ended at a decent stopping point and honestly I’m a little scared of what they’ll come up with next)
- Yumeiro Patissiere (I’m decent but not really talented at baking, and we can pretend that’s because I don’t have an adorable Sweets Spirit or three
cutetalented guys helping me out)
- Bones (this is probably the longest show that I’ve actually finished — and yet I could not for the life of me tell you what I love about this show, I just love it)
- Drunk History (I haven’t seen all the episodes, but the concept and execution are both 💯)
2. Favorite genre?
Apparently I like crime dramas and comedy, based on my watch list. And slice-of-life and action anime. Which is not what I would’ve pegged myself as a fan of
because I would’ve liked to say that I like documentaries or something intellectual like that, but the statistics speak for themselves.
3. Least favorite show?
Hm. I’m very much a believer in “don’t like, don’t watch” and “let people enjoy things” so this is kind of a tough one. But I do think Supernatural is kind of overrated?
please don’t come at me And I refuse to watch Fear the Walking Dead because of interfandom drama (if you know, you know. If not, don’t worry about it).
4. Most rewatched show/favorite show to binge watch?
In theory this would be Brooklyn Nine-Nine because it’s mostly light and breezy, but in practice I think it’s actually Maid-Sama! — I have an actual list of favorite episodes, it never fails to crack me up, and Usui Takumi has definitely ruined me for real-life guys. (I mean, just look at those eyes. He also does a pretty good smolder.)
5. Do you prefer watching week-by-week or binge-watching?
I start feeling guilty and unproductive when I binge-watch for too long — as an aside, I did a quick Google search to see whether the technical definition was still “watching three episodes in a row” and am pleased to see that it has been updated to the more ambiguous “watching many episodes in a row” — so for regular consumption, week-by-week watching is better for me in terms of time management and avoiding spoilers. But in a perfect world, I’d totally prefer to binge.
6. Favorite TV characters?
- Bellamy Blake, The 100
- Raven Reyes, The 100
- Amy Santiago, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Rosa Diaz, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Joan Watson, Elementary
- Angela Montenegro, Bones
- Ayuzawa Misaki, Kaichou wa Maid-Sama!
- Usui Takumi, Kaichou wa Maid-Sama!
7. Favorite TV ships?
- Bellarke (they get to be #1, OTP of OTPs because this was the fandom I was most recently active in 😜)
- Peraltiago (proof that fictional couples don’t have to be super-slow-burn or super angsty to take over my life!)
- Booth x Bones (responsible adults in a functional relationship? sign me tf up)
- probably any anime pairing involving a too-cool-for-school and/or tall dark mysterious jerk-with-a-heart-of-gold and a girl I can (more or less) relate to? If you don’t have self-insert OTPs, you’re definitely lying.
8. Show you could never get into?
9. Show you fell out of love with?
NCIS (ever since Michael Weatherly switched to playing Dr. Bull, the team hasn’t been the same at all), Sword Art Online (I haven’t even seen Gun Gale), Quantico (so glad they quit while they were mostly ahead).
10. Cancelled too soon?
11. Guilty pleasure show?
I actually don’t have one? Maybe certain anime, but for the most part I just watch what I watch and I don’t really feel guilty about it.
12. What are you currently watching?
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I watched Bones first, and let me tell you, it is really surreal having David Boreanaz shift in my mind from a dad-figure to a super-hot forbidden-love interest)
- Drunk History (if you count watching an episode every few months to be “currently watching” 😅)
- A Series of Unfortunate Events (love the books and the first two seasons; gotta catch up on the third!)
- Superstore (I’m not super attached; this is my go-to “mindless binge” of the moment)
- Single Parents (it’s kinda funny and kinda heartwarming? I’m still on the fence but giving it a chance)
Tagging: Michelle Likes Things • Soph @ Bookwyrming Thoughts • Kal @ Reader Voracious • DB’s Guide to the Galaxy • Meeghan reads and bakes • Tanvi @ A Reader to Whatever End • Ruby’s Books • and anyone else who’s interested in joining in!